Book Study – Undivided Love
Get Ready to Dive Deep!
Get ready to take a deep dive into Undivided Love: Navigating Landscapes of Living Faith with its author, 2018 McGeachy Senior Scholar, the Rev. Janet Gear! Better understand your own faith and your church community! This interactive book study will have individuals and communities of faith examining the themes of Undivided Love through thought-provoking discussion questions. We will end with a webinar event with Janet on the evening of October 30.
About the Book
Undivided Love is a book about faith: how it is expressed and what it communicates. Janet offers readers a sympathetic way to interpret the belief-inspired actions of those around them without assuming homogeneous understandings of God, the church, and our place in the world. Whether you sit in the pew or stand at the pulpit, you’re invited to navigate the terrain of theological diversity shared by your community of faith. Nurture its various longings, receive its unique gifts, ultimately addressing the question: What are we called to do?
How it Works
- Register to join the book study and claim your spot at the webinar.
- Grab your copy of Undivided Love and get reading! See below for a special discount from UCRD
- Tell your friends and family; read together!
- Like and share our post on Facebook or Instagram to enter to win one of 10 copies of Undivided Love!
- Explore the book’s themes through a new question from Janet weekly through October! You’ll receive an email with the discussion topic and a link to check social media and engage with others across the country who are also reading the material
- Then, join the live virtual discussion on October 30 where Janet will answer your questions and provides even more commentary on Undivided Love, and how it connects with her workshop series The Theological Banquet. We’re even giving away the series to one community of faith who attends!
Discount from the United Church Bookstore
Receive 15% off Undivided Love at UCRDStore.ca using the code UCFOUNDATION. Plus, combine with the FREESHIPPING discount code if the order is over $100.
Support for Communities of Faith
One of the Foundation’s priorities is to support communities of faith across the United Church of Canada. Undivided Love and workshop series The Theological Banquet provide reflective tools for communities of faith to learn about themselves and each other. We are happy to lift up these excellent resources in our Undivided Love book study!