New Ministries Fund
Supporting the new face of Christian ministry
The New Ministries Formation Fund and the London Conference New Ministries Fund together help support new ministry initiatives that address changing cultures and communities. They respond to urban, rural, and suburban realities; they are sensitive to the intercultural commitments of the church; and they reflect a commitment to the environment, peace, and justice.
We are here to help empower your ministry. If you have questions about the application process, or whether your project is eligible for funding, please contact Erik Lo Forte, Grants Officer, at 1-866-340-8223, or fill the form out below.
Grant program guidelines
The New Ministries Formation and the London Conference New Ministries Funds provide financial and coaching assistance for:
- the formation and development of new intentional faith communities and non-traditional approaches to Christian ministry.
- exploratory research for new ministry initiatives.
- ministry redevelopment in a pastoral charge, congregation, or region with the aim of responding to new communities.
Both Funds will seek to empower ministers to launch new ministry initiatives through grant-funded, specialized education opportunities, as well as support new methods of reaching out to those who are not members of a community of faith.
Priority will be given to applications that build new communities of faith, and/or relationships with communities that are not currently part of the church.
Successful applicants will be sure to:
- be contextual to a particular opportunity in a particular local area while being supported by thorough research;
- support intentional faith community formation;
- have identified potential program partnership(s) – for example, another congregation,, or Region, or another faith community;
- be innovative in its approach to change, with a clearly articulated vision;
- explore new ways of engaging in ministry in a post-denominational and post-Christian society.
Individuals, ministries, and courts of the United Church of Canada are welcome to apply for a grant from the New Ministries Formation Fund.
The London Conference New Ministries Fund supports initiatives in London Conference which is now part of three Regional Councils: Antler River Watershed, Western Ontario Waterways, and Canadian Shield with options to provide limited support to projects outside of this area.
How to apply
Download the application here and please contact EDGE: A Network for Ministry Development for more information and to discuss your proposal. EDGE is a program of the Church in Mission unit of the General Council Offices of the United Church of Canada that works with new and renewing ministries in the United Church.
For region-specific information please contact Bronwyn Corlett.