Embracing the Spirit
Grants created by Mission & Service
The Embracing the Spirit grant program is supported by the people and congregations of the United Church of Canada, who generously contribute to Mission & Service. Embracing the Spirit grants are granted to organizations, programs, and initiatives that:
- spur innovation across the entire United Church of Canada network of faith communities
- make piloting programs easy and accessible
- ensure that successful initiatives continue to thrive and gain momentum
- create a learning network that supports innovative faith communities through connection and fostering collaboration
- support existing funding programs by encouraging faith communities to experiment and assisting in the early stage of idea development
- support both new and renewing faith communities
We are here to help empower your ministry. If you have questions about the application process, or whether your project is eligible for funding, please contact Erik Lo Forte, Grants Officer, at 1-866-340-8223, or fill the form out below.
“My uncle’s rationale for his gift was simple: without the United Church, he never would have met my Aunt Kathryn, whom he was introduced to at Toronto’s Timothy Eaton Church. They married in 1966 and enjoyed over 50 years together!”
Apply for an Embracing the Spirit grant
Applications for Embracing the Spirit initiatives are made through the United Church of Canada. Visit the United Church’s website using the button below to start the application process, or to learn more about these grants. Alternatively, you can contact the New Initiatives Manager of EDGE, a United Church program that works with new and renewing ministries, for more information.