Davidson Trust Award
The purpose of the Davidson Award
is to attract and/or retain outstanding people in the service of the theological colleges within Canada, associated with The United Church of Canada, by providing an annual award or prize for excellence in teaching and scholarship.
It is the aim of the Davidson Trust Committee to acknowledge and promote excellence of both scholarship and teaching in theological education in making this annual award.
This award is available to any faculty member teaching in a United Church-related theological school through application or nomination.
A minimum of $5,000 will be awarded.
Either as an applicant or as a nominator of someone else, make a case outlining how this person fits the award's purpose.
- Submit a succinct description of how the applicant or nominee combines scholarship and teaching in her or her life as a theological faculty member, including
- the person's understanding of being both a scholar and a teacher
- a description of how the person's work as scholar/teacher contributes to the mission of The United Church of Canada
- two to three pieces of supporting documentation, such as articles or course outlines
- a biographical sketch of the individual
- In the case of nominations, indicate the name of the nominator. If the nomination is being made without the knowledge of the nominee, please indicate this as well.
- Three references/endorsements are required, one of them from a student or recent graduate.
- Applications and all supporting documentation are due by 4:30 p.m., March 15.
- The award is announced in May.
- Dr. Johanna Selles
- Ann Naylor and the Rev. Dr. Ted Dodd
- Dr. Graham and Rev. Farquhar
- Dr. Marilyn J. Legge
For more information, please contact:
Program Assistant to the Davidson Trust Committee
The United Church of Canada
3250 Bloor St. West, Suite 300
Toronto, ON M8X 2Y4
Tel: 416-231-7680 ext. 4142